The concept of “Infanterix – multilingual childcare centres“ originated from numerous discussions with French, English, Chinese and German parents who anticipated impending international relocations due to work. They wanted their children to be well prepared to adapt to the new languages they would encounter in their new living environments. Recent scientific findings support this concept: according to these findings, children who have been consistently exposed to other linguistic systems in early childhood, adapt more successfully to new languages.
By employing native speakers as teachers and educators who, due to their training in their respective countries, are able to share a vast knowledge of differing educational approaches, the concept of multilingual and multicultural education has been met by all Infanterix facilities. The requirements arose from discussions in professional circles about other European childcare concepts. An increasing number of parents also expressed their wish to continue the day nursery model (for children under three years) in the kindergarten for children aged three to six.
- In January 2007, the Infanterix establishment at Neuhausen was started with a French-German and English-German nursery group. Because the demand for vacancies in multicultural nurseries is so high in Munich, the facility was extended to include another two groups in October of the same year.
- In March 2009, another centre was founded – Infanterix Harras. This accommodates two French-German nursery groups.
- In September 2009, Infanterix Neuhausen opened a French-German kindergarten group for 24 children, and in September 2010, an English-German kindergarten group was added.
- In January 2012, Infanterix opened another establishment in Schwabing (previously Das Glückskinderhaus). Our focus here lies on German and French.
- In April 2013, another facility was founded (Infanterix Moosach) with two German-English nursery groups and one German-English kindergarten group.
- In October 2013, Infanterix Aubing opened its doors. This establishment consists of three nursery and two kindergarten groups. Our focus here is on German and English.
- In March 2014, Infanterix Blumenau opened, and comprises four German-English nursery groups.
- In May 2015, following a takeover, Aubing 2 (previously Die Glücksbären) was created.
It has two German-English nursery groups, one kindergarten group and one after-school care group.
- In September 2015, Infanterix Westpark was opened. The centre consists of two German-French nursery groups and one kindergarten group.
- In November 2015, Infanterix Neuhausen 2 (previously Lucky children) was acquired. The establishment is composed of two German-English nursery groups.
- In September 2017, Infanterix opened the company-run day care centre SieKids Kleine Wittelsbacher. The centre is located next to the headquarters of Siemens AG on Wittelsbacherplatz and provides room for two nursery groups and one kindergarten group.
- In February 2018, Infanterix Neuperlach was opened. The centre consists of two German-French nursery groups and three kindergarten groups.
- In June 2018, following a takeover, Haidhausen 1 and Haidhausen 2 (previously Die Marienkäfer Kindervilla) were created.
- In July 2019 Infanterix took over 4 facilities from Zuki (Zukunft Kinderkrippe). The facilities are located in Berg am Laim, Dornach, Garching and Ismaning.
- In March 2020, Infanterix Sendling was opened. The centre consists of three German-English nursery groups and two kindergarten groups.
- In October 2020 Infanterix Germering was opened. The establishment consists of one kindergarten group and two nursery groups.
- In February 2021 Infanterix Freiham was opened. The facility consists of three nursery groups and three kindergarten groups.
- In November 2021 Infanterix Augsburg Antonsviertel was opened. The facility consists of two nursery groups and three kindergarten groups.